Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Holly Days #1 X-mas postcard

This is the 1st card from the red plaid sample. It was my 1st try at fabric stamping. I took the 12 x 10 scrap of plaid & used a foam stamp to put random leaves all over the surface. I then specked on a silver glitter paint. Let this dry & heat set. Put a layer of batting & cotton on & started stitching. Then I added what I thought was a fusible peltex & muslin, but even with a damp press cloth, I couldn't get it to fuse together; (but I did manage to lose most of the glitter paint in this attempt to fuse.) At least I know for future reference!
While the WU cooled on the muslin, I put the peltex on the front part of the card & did some stitching, fused the back on & did the satin finish on the edges. I didn't have anything red enough to show up against the background to do the berries in, so I opted to use fabric glue & sprinkled white glitter generously for added depth.
This card will be sent to the Postcard Posse for Troops, so that a soldier overseas will get a X-mas greeting from home for the holidays.

No comments: